I love my mustache.

The kind of mustache that says, "yeah, I've been nude on camera, what of it?"
----------------
I have a car and a job and love performing.
I have thoughts.
I want a dog.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

No car: Day one

A little history: My Taurus is old, and needs to have work done to pass smog. It is expensive. My sister has (VERY VERY VERY) generously allowed me to drive her truck for over a year to get to school, theater, friend-things, and generally live my life. I returned the truck yesterday in the hopes of getting motivated to find a way to get my car fixed. I am essentially car-less for now, so biking is my new... passion.

So I woke up this morning after having terrible dreams... God awful... and realized I couldn't go get any food for breakfast. I thought okay. Well at least my parents probably have food for breakfast here!

Alas, they did not. I had 2 day old birthday cake and a sprite. Granted, I could have opted for water to be more healthy, but whatevs.

Here we are at lunch time, hungry again and not willing to have more cake. I busted out the bicycle, put air in the tires, got my ipod out and got ready to ride to the store for lunch. Maybe get some stuff for dinner too! I hopped onto the bike and holy MACKEREL my butt hurt. The seat is made of mother lovin' titanium and the pressure points are too much for even my extra-padded ass to handle. But I said eff it, I'll get a better bike seat some other time. I'm committed to going to the store! Then I realized... I HAVE NO LOCK.

AY!
I can't very well leave my bike outside the store and trust the people of Clovis to watch after it.
so I'm back in my bed, looking at the clock every couple of secs, waiting for Kristobel to get out of work so I can beg him to drive me around town to pick up my necessities. Namely FOOD but also bike accessories.

Tomorrow I will attempt to find a safe bike route to school. Hilarity or death may ensue.

As ever,
b-ridge

No comments:

Post a Comment