I love my mustache.

The kind of mustache that says, "yeah, I've been nude on camera, what of it?"
----------------
I have a car and a job and love performing.
I have thoughts.
I want a dog.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Decisions...

Since the wonderful news of yesterday, I have realized some not so wonderful choices I have to make this semester.  I forgot how easy it was to do any theater show I wanted when I wasn't working!  And how absolutely impossible it was when I did have a job eons ago.

I haven't even talked to my employers about it yet, so I might be worrying too soon, but I know I'll be working in retail, and getting 2 weeks off in December to do Mr. Marmalade is not going to happen.  So, maybe I could do 36 Views in October, right?  Weeeelllllll, my orientation for work is the day of auditions.  Rehearsal for that show starts literally 2 days after that, I highly doubt I could squeeze it into my work schedule this soon.  Especially if they are working under the assumption that I gave them all of my school conflicts already.

I don't want to lose this opportunity to have and keep a job.

I don't like sacrificing things for my major for a job... but sometimes it has to be done.  The silver lining in this story is that I'm doing Costume Crafts, and must crew a show.  I'll probably do the October show so I'm really excited about that.  And that will count toward my major.  So I'm not sacrificing it all... just a lot.

These are my preliminary worries, we'll see what the reality ends up being once I talk to bosses and such at orientation.  Still excited and blessed to be working!

No comments:

Post a Comment