I love my mustache.

The kind of mustache that says, "yeah, I've been nude on camera, what of it?"
----------------
I have a car and a job and love performing.
I have thoughts.
I want a dog.

Monday, July 19, 2010

FCC love

Professionalism in the work place is one of my hot buttons... if it exists, I'm so happy and impressed I could squeal! If it doesn't exist, I am so turned off.

Something that happened to me recently reminded me of an old job I had... I won't get into the incident, because it's personal and still needs to be dealt with. But it got me thinking about where I've been, where I am now, and where I'm heading very soon.

I worked somewhere (won't name it) right out of high school for over two years, and the people that ran that place were absolutely unprofessional. From the interview down to my last 2 weeks, it was inappropriately run and just an awful example of how to treat employees. I worked there for so long because a) I didn't know better b) didn't think I could get a better job and c) it was moderately good money.

I got the balls to quit and have never EVER looked back.
Since I quit, I started doing theater at FCC and I have to say my experience there has been 100% joyous. The directors are fabulous, the students are so much fun and so talented. The crew and teachers are supportive, accepting, hilarious, and very very hard workers. I have been so blessed to be a part of their program!

I just have to say, I genuinely appreciate the positive attitude and supportive guidance of everyone in that department. I have experienced some not-so-supportive "guidance" in my life from other sources, and it has made me that much more appreciative of the love and care the team at FCC puts toward their students. I will be forever thankful to these folks for helping me do what I truly, passionately love to do.

I'm looking forward to another great year with them and will tell anyone and everyone I know to find a way to get into the department and take a huge bite out of that delicious, delicious theater pie they're bakin' over there... So tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment